K-D Test products measure eye movement speed and accuracy during rapid number naming in which a series of single-digit numbers is read aloud.
Performance on the K-D Test requires vision and eye movements involving the integrated function of the brainstem, cerebellum and cerebral cortex (Lancet, The Neuro-ophthalmology of Head Trauma, 2014). Cognitive processing is also required including:
MEMORY • ATTENTION • LANGUAGE FUNCTION
Pathology in any of these functional pathways may result in errors and poor K-D Test performance (Concussion, The King-Devick test of rapid number naming for concussion detection: meta-analysis and systematic review of the literature, 2016).
Vision alone accounts for more than 50% of the brain’s pathways, making vision and eye movements particularly vulnerable in brain injury (Lancet, The Neuro-ophthalmology of Head Trauma, 2014).
Neurological Pathways Involved in K-D Test Performance
Highlighted areas shown here include those responsible for planning, initiation and execution of the coordinated functions of vision, eye movement, attention, language and concentration required for successful performance on the K-D Test (Lancet, The Neuro-ophthalmology of Head Trauma, 2014).
K-D TEST Pro Monitoring
Price: $700 (USD) (15 Subject Licenses)
Objectively and quantitatively monitor King-Devick Test progress.
Use charts and graphs to capture K-D Test performance over time.
- Quickly and easily administer K-D Test to monitor progress
- Normative data for patients over 15 years old
- Automated Speech Recognition for scoring
- For in-office or at-home use
K-D Recovery Acceleration Program
Price: $650 (USD) (10 Subject Licenses)
Improve eye movement deficits in subjects suffering from oculomotor dysfunction.
K-D Recovery Acceleration Program is a web-based oculomotor program with compliance monitoring.
- Set goals and tailor programs for individual subjects
- Monitor real-time outcome measures and compliance
- For in-office or at-home use
King-Devick Test in association with Mayo Clinic
Price: $20 (USD)
Sideline Assessment For Impaired Eye Movements.
Ideal for providing medical outreach services for sports clubs and schools.
- Quick, validated and objective (Concussion, The King-Devick test of rapid number naming for concussion detection: meta-analysis and systematic review of the literature, 2016)
- For teams, schools or clubs
- Unlimited baseline and sideline screening per subject annually
K-D Eye Tracking Software System
Bring quantitative tools to clinical management.
Provide detailed assessment of oculomotor function during performance of K-D Test.
- Quantify impairment severity and recovery progression
- Display eye metrics
- Easily evaluate change over time
Since 2011, there have been over 140 peer-reviewed studies recently published in elite medical journals validating King-Devick technologies products as quick, objective measures of saccadic dysfunction indicating suboptimal brain function in: concussion, migraine, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, hypoxia, extreme sleep deprivation, Alzheimer’s disease and other conditions as well as effective intervention solutions for reading disabilities and post traumatic brain injury recovery.